If you haven't heard of it before, it's the world's largest professional online networking platform with around 810 million users in over 200 countries.
Those stats can seem overwhelming but by having a LinkedIn presence, you have a seat at the table of a huge global network of thought leaders, industry experts, movers and shakers and a community of people just like you to help you boost your career and build your network.
Are you LinkedIn or locked out? Here are just 7 reasons to be on LinkedIn:
1. You can use your profile summary to share your personal brand and tell an authentic story about who you are and why you do what you do, highlighting qualifications, experience and accomplishments and getting people who know you professionally to endorse you for your skills.
2. Employers value networking skills and a LinkedIn presence can help you build strategic industry connections and reach out for insight and introductions to people in your industry and even potential mentors.
3. You can start to raise your professional visibility and profile by posting comments, starting conversations, sharing and writing articles on topics you're expert in or interested in.
4. Follow thought leaders and key trends in your industry, join industry groups and forums boosting your commercial awareness so you can see what's coming down the pipeline and shine when you're applying for jobs, during interviews
5. You can apply for jobs, recruiters can find you, and you can also research organisations and interviewers as part of your job-hunting strategy and interview prep.
6. You can build lasting professional relationships and add value to your connections with support, resources, and introductions. Remember there is an etiquette to being on LinkedIn, it may be a huge platform, but connections are personal so always personalise any invitations to connect.
7. You can access thousands of LinkedIn learning trainings, lectures, and video content to boost your employability, and add completed trainings to your profile